Saturday, September 13, 2008

Home from the hospital

I was released from Mercy Hospital on Sept. 12, Friday. Peg finished work and picked me up. Having resigned myself to going home at 4 and knowing it would definitely happen, I spent the last day there very relaxed, just waiting for Peg. I am going to go back over the next few days and compose my thoughts and put them here. But, right now, I am still a bit weary and not all that able to focus on any one thing for a long length of time. I think I may have worn out my remote control already. But, today has been my best since surgery and I am hoping that I can continue to say that every day from here on out. I want to thank all my friends and family for their support and prayers. I had a problem with water output after the surgery. I am connected to a catheter so I have no control. I prayed that God would help me through this problem and I quickly gained the reputation as the King of Pee on the 8th floor of Mercy. Nothing like Divine Intervention. I am going to wrap up this entry saying that I am eternally grateful to all who helped me through this. Peg had unbelievable stress from this and so soon after burying her father, but she made it through. I hope the post stress relief doesn't hit her too hard. When I get a bit stronger, I will be back with more of the ordeal.

No comments: